You will spend roughly one third of your life sleeping. It’s for this reason that you should never scrimp on a mattress. A quality mattress carries a great deal of importance when it comes to your physical and mental well-being, and you don’t want to spend a third of your life in discomfort. Want to avoid chronic back pain? Want to wake up feeling refreshed? The Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress provides your body and mind the extraordinary comfort of a high-end mattress, but for just a fraction of the price.
Product Features and Specifications
Materials: The 2.5 inch top layer of the mattress consists of SureTemp Memory Foam. Making up the bottom layer of the mattress is 9.5 inches of Support Plus Foam. These two foams work in tandem to create a firm but comfortable mattress with a forgiving softness.
Sizes: The Shiloh comes in five different sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King. The twin is 38 x 75 inches. The Full is 54 x 75 inches. The Queen is 60 x 80 inches. The King is 76 by 80 inches. And the Cal King is 72 x 84 inches. It is advertised as appropriate for average to large sized bodies.
Thickness: As stated above, this mattress is 12 inches thick, with 2.5 inches consisting of SureTemp Memory Foam and 9.5 inches consisting of Support Plus Foam. This design ensures that cool air is directed to parts of the mattress that are hot, such as under the sleeper’s body.
Comfort: The mattress is a source of comfort to all types of sleepers, from stomach and side sleepers to back sleepers. This is because it is firm, but forgiving, offering premier pressure point relief. It has a good deal of give, but not so much that you’ll feel like you’re drowning. Additionally, It provides excellent airflow that will keep heat from building up, ensuring that you never get too hot when sleeping.
Durability: The Shiloh is regarded as one of the more durable mattresses on the market and it comes with a 20-year warranty. It is said to last twice as long as most other memory foam mattresses.
Weight Limit: The mattress is made for sleepers of average and large body sizes. No specified maximum weight is listed, but people from 100 pounds to over 300 pounds have reported that they use the mattress.
Pros and Cons
- The Shiloh is relatively cheap when compared to other mattresses of its class. It can be purchased for as low as $389.99 on many online retail sites. You won’t feel like you’re breaking the bank by investing in this mattress.
- It’s unique design makes it one of the only memory foam mattresses that reduces heat. Sleepers don’t have to worry about body heat building up under their bodies because the mattress is designed so that cool air travels towards heat.
- Superb motion isolation enables people sharing the same mattress to move around without disturbing their sleeping partner. The mattress’ dense support foam takes in and stifles vibration, making the mattress very quiet at all times.
- It is one of the most durable memory foam mattresses on the market and has a 20-year warranty to prove it.
- Due to its ability to compress, the mattress can be easily shipped and maneuvered through any doorway or corridor.
- The mattress has a linen cover around it that can’t be removed. This makes it impossible to wash the cover if it gets dirty. Removing the cover will void the warranty.
- Because of the nature of the mattresses’ design, only one side of the mattress can be slept on. Flipping it will negate the full functioning of the mattress.
- A few customers feel that the mattress is a little too soft for their liking, but most were beyond satisfied with how comfortable and functional the mattress was.
Many customers said that the Shiloh was the first memory foam mattress they ever purchased. They were skeptical about buying the mattress online without testing it, but decided to because of the affordable price and excellent reviews. With few exceptions, customers were very happy with their purchase, lauding the Shiloh as the most comfortable mattress they had ever owned.
Some customers found the mattress to be firmer than expected and some customers found the mattress to be softer than expected, but that is more of a matter of personal preference than it is an indictment of the mattress itself. A few customers noted that it was difficult to find sheets that would fit to the mattress as the memory foam is not easy to fit fabric around. Heat was an issue with a few customers, but that was due to the fact that they had only ever used spring mattresses which produce less heat. Most said that they eventually grew used to the extra heat and accommodated themselves with the use of thinner and less blankets.
Customers noted that unlike many mattresses, there was no unpleasant odor present, even after the mattress was just purchased.
The Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress supports sleepers of all shapes and sizes. Whether you weigh a tiny 100 pounds or a large 400 pounds, this memory foam mattress provides you with the premium comfort seen in mattresses 4 times its price. Excellent pressure point relief, top-notch heat reduction, and firm, but forgiving structure make this mattress a great place for any person to lay their head down at night. The Shiloh is a great choice for someone on a budget or someone who has never owned a memory foam mattress before and would like to purchase one at a price that won’t destroy their bank account.