Studies suggest that if it takes a person longer than 10-15 minutes to fall asleep, it’s usually due to the discomfort of their mattress. Being comfortable is an important part of falling asleep and if you’re not comfortable, you’ll find that a restful night is not in your immediate future. Sleeping on a mattress that is unsupportive and simply uncomfortable is a common problem. But finding a mattress that is both of those things as well as inexpensive can be a hard thing to come by. Sleep Innovations Alden 14-inch Memory Foam Mattress just happens to be comfortable, supportive and inexpensive – a relief to both your body and your wallet.
Product Features and Specifications
Materials: This mattress is made with a TriComfort design. This means that three different foams are used to make the mattress the most comfortable it can be. It is made with SureTemp memory foam, Air Channel foam and Deep Support foam. The foams are a special polyurethane material and is contained in a quilted cotton polyester blend cover.
Sizes: Sleep Innovations Alden 14-inch Memory Foam Mattress can be purchased in several sizes: twin size, full size, queen size, king size or California King size.
Thickness: This product is 14-inches thick and made with a TriComfort design (3-layers of different foams). The top layer is 2.5-inches thick and made from the soft SureTemp foam which has an open cell design that keeps it from becoming uncomfortably hot. The middle layer is also 2.5-inches thick and made from a special Air Channel foam. This foam gives a more customized support for your body because it easily conforms to the shape of your spine. The Durable Support bottom layer is 9-inches thick and made of Deep Support foam that provides for a sturdy base that is made to assist in back pain relief.
Comfort: This mattress is rated at a “medium to soft” firmness.
Durability: This product comes with a 20-year limited warranty. This warranty covers the material and workmanship of the product. Full details of the warranty is provided with each product.
Weight Limit: This product is recommended for those who are of average weight to their height. It is also noted that it is ideal for those who sleep on their side as they may find the support provided the most comfortable.
Pros and Cons
- Sleep Innovations Alden 14-inch Memory Foam Mattress proves to be long lasting and is said to be just as comfortable as, or more comfortable than, other competitive brands such as TemperPedic.
- This mattress has been proven to assist in relieving and preventing back pain and soreness as well as performing personal alignment. The soft and comfortable TriComfort design allows for the 3-layers of different foams to assist in cradling the body to provide pressure point relief by contouring to the form of your spine.
- The mattress is compressed, rolled and vacuumed packed in plastic before being packaged in a secure box. This allows for safe and easy shipping. When the mattress is unpacked, it decompresses quickly and impressively.
- This mattress allows for very little to no motion transfer disturbance. This is perfect for those who wake easily when their partner moves in the night or wakes earlier than themselves.
- The TriComfort design allows for the three different foams to create a more comfortable night’s sleep. This allows for a longer, deeper sleep that will help with feeling rested and recharged the next day.
- Some customers that reviewed Sleep Innovations Alden 14-inch Memory Foam Mattress said that it became too warm and made them uncomfortable as they slept through the night. This seems to be a common problem among memory foam mattresses.
- Several customers stated that the chemical odor that essentially “comes with” the product was stronger than they expected and took longer to dissipate than they liked.
- Quite a few customers stated that the mattress was firmer than the “medium to soft” rating it was ranked. Those who found this to be a problem found the best solution was to add a softer mattress pad/topper to the mattress.
Customers who reviewed the Sleep Innovations Alden 14-inch Memory Foam Mattress typically provided positive feedback. Most customers noted that the mattress was comparative to other more popular, and much more expensive, memory foam mattresses such as TemperPedic. Several of those customers reported that the Alden 14-inch mattress to be even more comfortable than the competitive brands.
Some customers felt that the mattress became too hot for their liking. This seems to be a common problem for those who use memory foam mattresses. Other customers complained that the mattress’ chemical odor upon unpacking was strong and lasted longer than they expected.
While most customers believe the mattress was very comfortable, quite a few said it was firmer than the “medium to soft” rating it was ranked. The solution to add a softer mattress pad/topper seemed to rectify any complaints of this.
Also, several customers were excited to find that the decompression process of the mattress was quite impressive and fast which allowed for sooner use.
When you sleep your body does all the “maintenance” work it needs to keep you healthy and strong. If you’re unable to get the rest you need, your body simply won’t be able to keep up. You can find relief in the Sleep Innovations Alden 14-inch Memory Foam Mattress. Its TriComfort design will allow for a restful night’s sleep while giving your body the support and stability it needs to keep you aches and pains at bay. This bed is recommended to those who are side sleepers and of average weight to their height. It is a great choice for those who suffer from body aches and pains as it has proven pressure point pain relief and assists in personal alignment. It is an inexpensive choice, giving you peace of mind both as you sleep and for your wallet.