Finding the perfect mattress that is both supportive and comfortable can sometimes be difficult to do. Especially if that mattress is for your child or for that spare bed a guest may use. Signature Sleep’s 6-inch Memory Foam Mattress is the perfect mix of support and comfort. The material used to create the mattress is safe for both your health and the environment, and purchasing this mattress isn’t going to make your wallet weep in despair. This mattress is a best seller on Amazon and has a 4.4 out of 5 star positive rating.
Product Features and Specifications
Material: This mattress has a soft knit fabric cover and is made with CertiPUR-US foam. The material is a combination of high performance visco-elastic memory foam and a high-density poly-based foam.
Sizes: The unfolded product measures 39-inches wide by 75-inches long with the 6-inch density thickness. This is the equivalent to a regular twin-sized mattress. When unfolded and completely decompressed, the mattress weighs a total of 19.6 pounds.
Thickness: This mattress is made up with 6-inches of “Dual Support” foam. The top layer is 1.5-inches thick and made of a high performance visco-elastic memory foam. This is followed by the base layer that is 4.5-inches thick and comprised of a high-density poly-based foam. The two layers of memory foam are then maintained in the soft knit cover.
Comfort: This mattress is rated as firm in terms of comfort. The “Dual Support” foam system has allowed for a high-density base that provides good body support. The softer top layer minimizes pressure on the body and aides in balance support. It is also resistant to motion disturbances.
Durability: This product comes with a one year limited warranty. The warranty starts from the date of purchase and protects against defects in workmanship and/or materials of the mattress.
Safety: This mattress is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TECP (“Tris”) flame retardants, ozone depletes, mercury or heavy lead. The foam is low in VOC emissions for indoor air quality and made without phthalates.
Weight Limit: As this is smaller and thinner mattress, it isn’t recommended for anyone larger than 180 pounds to use.
Pros and Cons
- This mattress is made with CertiPUR-US foam. This means that the foam in your mattress has been tested and certified by an independent laboratory to meet specific criteria. They make sure that the physical performance of the product is up to standard as well as check that the indoor emissions are reasonable. They also make sure that the foam is environmentally friendly.
- As a firmer mattress, Signature Sleep’s 6-inch Memory Foam Mattress provides more support to the body. This is especially helpful to those who often experience back, shoulder or hip pain as it especially relieves pain in those areas.
- The product is compressed, rolled and vacuumed sealed in plastic before being placed in the box. This makes shipping and handling much easier and more convenient. Once out of the box, the mattress quickly decompresses and is ready for use in a short period of time.
- The mattress is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TECP (“Tris”) flame retardants. All of these are toxic and have been linked to higher chances for cancer. Nor do the mattresses contain ozone depletes, mercury, lead or heavy metals. The foam is low in VOC emissions, which means it is good for the indoor air quality. Also, the foam is not made with phthalates, a chemical regulated by the Consumer Safety Product Commission. Because they take the time to insure that these harmful materials are not used, you can rest assured that the product is safe for both your health and the environment.
- It was noted by several customers that as this mattress is considered on the thinner side it is considerably firmer than a mattress with a higher density. This may be uncomfortable to those who are used to a plusher mattress.
- If wear and/or sagging occurs, the mattress cannot be flipped as the higher base density would be uncomfortable to sleep on. However many have found that turning the mattress gives it more longevity for use.
- Some customers found that the mattress would become uncomfortably warm as it molded to their body throughout the night. This seems to be a common problem with the majority of memory foam mattresses.
Those who reviewed the Signature Sleep 6-inch Memory Foam Mattress primarily left positive feedback. Many said that despite the mattress being thinner, it was deceptively soft and comfortable and provided the perfect amount of support. Many customers were very pleased with the low cost for this mattress, especially in comparison to other competitive brands.
Some customers noted that the mattress was a bit firmer than they were used to or looking for, but provided excellent support. Others said that the mattress tended to heat up throughout the night making it a little uncomfortable to sleep in.
Several customers were excited to find that once out of the box the decompression process took a shorter than expected period of time which allowed for sooner use. Many stated that they were able to use their mattress after less than the recommended 24-hour waiting period. They also noted that chemical odor that tends to “come with” the un-packaging of the product did not linger and dissipated shortly after opening.
At the end of the day our bodies are tired from the hard work and/or play we’ve put in. It needs a comfortable but supportive mattress to help relieve those everyday aches and pains. Signature Sleep’s 6-inch Memory Foam Mattress is the perfect mix of support and comfort helping to eliminate those everyday body pains. Due to its thinner size, it is recommended for use by children or adults who weigh less than 180 pounds. It is an excellent choice for a child’s bed or as a guest bed mattress. This mattress is a very inexpensive and comfortable night’s sleep wrapped in a soft knit cover.