The mattress that come with your RV/Camper are usually not that grand or fantastic. Often they don’t provide you with any support, leaving you tossing and turning at night and supplying you with little to no restful sleep. The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress could be the solution to your RV sleeping problems. Not only does it fit in your RV, is lightweight and capable of being easily moved and positioned, but it is also comfortable and provides you with that support you need to get you a restful night’s sleep. Not to mention that it is also certified to be safe for both your health and the environment.
Product Features and Specifications
Materials: The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress is made with premium materials from both the U.S.A. and Canada. This foam mattress is made with eco-friendly soy-based high density foam and is encased in a premium white damask cover. The foam mattress is spot clean only, but the white damask cover can be removed to be machine washed.
Sizes: This mattress is a Short Queen, measuring 75-inches (length) by 60-inches (width) by 6-inches (height). It weighs 34-pounds fully unfolded and decompressed.
Thickness: This mattress is 6-inches of soy-based high density foam. The top layer is a premium pressure-relieving foam and the bottom layer is a high density foam that provides support and durability for the mattress.
Comfort: The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress is rated as firm in terms of comfort. The 6-inches of firmer foam allows for a cooler sleep on a more stable and supportive mattress.
Durability: This product comes with a 20-year limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects.
Longevity: This mattress is dual-sided for increased longevity. This means that the mattress can be flipped when you feel one side is losing its effectiveness.
Safety: The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress is CertiPUR-US certified. The environmentally innovative CertiPUR-US certified foam is tested for chemical content, durability, emissions and performance.
Pros and Cons
- The soy-based high density foam that makes up this mattress is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites. This is fantastic for those who have sensitive skin and/or allergies, especially in a camp ground environment. The damask covering can be easily removed for washing and the foam mattress can be spot cleaned as needed so you know the bed you’re sleeping on is always clean.
- The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress is dual-sided. This means you can flip it when you feel like one side is losing its effectiveness allowing for more longevity in use. You won’t have to worry about purchasing a new mattress every couple of years which is both convenient and cost efficient.
- You can breathe easy with this mattress as it is CertiPUR-US certified. Knowing that it is safe for your health and for the environment is important. CertiPUR-US certification means the mattress has been tested by a third party to make sure the mattress isn’t made of hazardous chemicals and is low in emissions that effect indoor air quality.
- This mattress is compressed and roll packed. It unpacks and decompresses in minutes making it quickly ready for use. And unlike most other foam mattresses, the Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress has virtually no chemical odor that lingers in the material for days.
- The high density foam that makes up this mattress is firmer and made to support as well as cradle the pressure points around your hips and shoulders. Not only does this help relieve aches and pains in the body but is assists in a more restful night’s sleep.
- Some customers stated that the 6-inch mattress was too firm for their tastes. Most found that adding a soft mattress pad/topper remedied the problem and allowed them to sleep more comfortably.
- A few customers noted that the mattress didn’t measure as promised. They stated that is was a couple inches shorter than it was supposed to be. Most weren’t too concerned as it wasn’t a big difference but didn’t like that the manufacturer allowed imprecise measurements.
- Similarly, a couple customers also noted that the mattress didn’t decompress to the full 6-inches in height, again a couple inches shorter than promised. Most had little issue with this other than manufacturer description as it still provided the stability they were looking for.
Overall, those who reviewed the Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Short Queen Mattress responded with positive feedback. Many were very happy with the how they slept when using this mattress in their RV or camper. They liked that the mattress was inexpensive and provided them with support as they slept.
Though a few customers said the mattress was too firm for them in terms of comfort, many found that adding a comfortable mattress pad/topper to the mattress remedied the problem.
Other customers noted their disappointment that their mattresses didn’t measure to the promised size, often coming up short in both height and the lengths of the mattress. Many were more upset with the manufacturer’s allowance of imprecise measurements than with the actual problem as the mattress still fit where needed and provided the comfort they expected.
Quite a few customers enjoyed the unpacking process of the mattress. They were impressed with the rolled packaging and the quick and efficient decompressing that allowed for quicker use. Also, they appreciated that the mattress had no lingering chemical odor which often comes with foam mattresses.
Finding a mattress that fits your RV that is both comfortable and supportive can be a hard task. The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch Short Queen Mattress meets those criteria and at a reasonable cost. This mattress is recommended for those who need a comfortable sleeping space in a RV/camper. It is perfect if you have sensitive skin or allergies as it is made from hypoallergenic materials. The CertiPUR-US certification gives peace of mind that you aren’t sleeping on something bad for your health or the environment, and it’s easy to clean to boot. The Serenia Sleep 6-Inch RV Mattress is lightweight a durable, so if you’re looking for a mattress that will last you a long while, it’s a good route to go.