Memory Foam Mattresses were first designed back in the mid-1960s, at this time they were meant for the NASA airplane seats. The mattresses are built from a material known as viscoelastic. The material is smooth, and it has a high ability to absorb energy. The mattresses are spongy, and they are capable of responding to pressure and heat, evenly distributing the body weight. The mattress then regains its original shape once the impact has been removed. Memory Foam Mattresses come in varying shape, depth, and densities.
Pros and Cons of Memory Foam Mattresses
- Temperature regulating feature; the Memory Foam Mattress comes installed with a temperature sensitive feature. The device enables the mattress to adjust to the body temperature of the person sleeping. As the temperature rises, the bed becomes soft, giving its occupant a comfortable sleep. The mattress is also capable of absorbing and retaining heat, thus, providing you with warmth during the cold season.
- Memory Foam Mattresses are also capable of relieving pain, soreness, and aches. The material from which the material is built from, is capable of reducing pressure from joints experiencing pain in the body. The mattresses also reduce the inflammation felt in the pain areas by molding the temperature by raising or reducing the pressure.
- The mattress enables its occupant to attain a good sleep posture. The correct sleeping posture helps when it comes to achieving the proper spinal alignment. A lot of spinal problems can be solved with a proper sleeping posture.
- Memory Foam Mattresses also relieve the occupant from allergic reactions. The polyurethane material used in the making of the mattress consists of inorganic fibers. The fibers are resistant to allergy-causing dust mites, unlike cotton, which may attract these allergens.
- Memory Foam Mattress provides inadequate support. The Memory Foam are not firm enough to provide you with sufficient support. Individuals looking for firm mattress may want to reconsider their choice when it comes to Memory Foam Mattresses. Individuals that are fond of turning in bed while asleep can find these mattresses inconveniencing since they end up sinking into the mattress.
- Sensitivity to heat; individuals whose bodies are sensitive to high temperatures may find Memory Foam Mattresses quite uncomfortable since they will sweat a lot during sleep. It can be frustrating to sweat at night leading to restless sleep. Sinking deep into the mattress may also result in other problems such as disordered breathing. Heat sensitivity can also lead to other matters of concern such as the bed becoming too soft or too hard. Factors that determine this changes may include the external temperatures in the room depending on the environmental weather conditions.
- The Memory Foam Mattress also takes much time to change into different positions. Individuals that change their sleeping positions after every short period may be inconvenienced by this occurrence. The lack of resilience does not enable the mattress to conform to new positions easily the way it would be expected.
Our Recommendations for Memory Foam Mattresses in 2018
Memory Foam Mattresses are rated the best compared to other mattresses in the market. Modern Memory Foam Mattresses is designed with a range of firmness levels. The mattress has improved resilience together with a slow heating rate. Below is a review of the best five Memory Foam Mattresses based on their various features. The features that can be used to evaluate the different types of mattresses include heat retention, firmness, warranty period, the thickness of gel memory foam layers, among many other features.
1. Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam Mattress
Customers who have had the opportunity of experiencing this mattress have ended up falling in love with it. The Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Memory Foam Mattress gives you a healthy sleep of your lifetime. It is lined with all-natural wool sleep surface that helps in wicking moisture, and the process helps in regulating the body temperature. The mattress is odor resistant enabling you to sleep comfortably. Most users of the mattress are impressed by its lack of odor. Other users have reported on how the mattress helped in relieving their back pain. According to other users of the mattress, the quality of Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Memory Foam Mattress surpasses its price. The mattress comes compressed in a plastic bag, after unpacking the mattress inflates and regains its shape. Customers also love the design with which the mattress cover is made. Its high resilience enables it to rebound very fast. Customers have also reported on how the mattress is comfortable and healthy for a pregnant woman. The mattress gives you an exceptional sleep experience that you will end up loving for the rest of your life. The mattress’ two inch Ventilated Cool Airflow layer gives enables its occupant to sleep comfortably.
2. Dream Foam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The mattress has a gel-infused memory foam capable of conforming to an individual’s body shape and weight. The gel infusion regulates the body temperature providing you with a peaceful and relaxing sleep experience. Most customers who have used the mattress have been impressed by the quality of the mattress that appears to surpass its price. Users give credit to the mattress for its ability to relieve sleep. A user reported how they used to experience back pain every morning before purchasing the Dream Foam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress. The pain subsided after they began sleeping on the memory foam mattress. When it comes to temperature regulation, the mattress is the best. Individuals who are fond of sleeping in a calm environment have reported loving the comfort the mattress offers since they don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night due to high temperatures. Another user described the mattress as simply superb for a wounded back. Users that are suffering from back and neck pain report to be able to catch a good sleep on the mattress despite their condition. The mattress is simply the best place to lay down your worn-out body after a busy day.
3. LUCID 14 Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress
When it comes to LUCID 14 Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress, it is all about getting a comfortable sleep. The mattress comes with a bamboo charcoal memory foam layer that is best suitable for sensitive skin due to its temperature regulation capabilities. A user went ahead and described the experience of sleeping on the mattress as that one of sleeping on a giant floating marshmallow. Customers have also reported on how they had a comfortable and relaxed sleep due to the mattress cooling gel material that helps in regulating the temperatures. Users who frequently experience neck and spinal cord pains have reported a pain relief after using this mattress. The mattress comes with smaller holes around the perimeter of the pillow to support and align the neck and the spine. Users have also reported having a good and peaceful breathing without difficulties due to the mattress’ zoned ventilation. The memory foam mattress is also capable of relieving pressure joints. Users also fell in love with mattress’ odor resistance due to the infused bamboo charcoal that regulates humidity and is also odor resistant. Other customers were impressed by the shorter period within which the mattress had regained its full shape.
4. Dynasty Mattress Deluxe 10-Inch Memory Foam Short Mattress for RV
The bed is built from the best mattress products available in the market. It has great reviews and ratings from users. Customers are much impressed by the ability of the mattress to fit well into the camper, and its comfort is worth its price. The mattress is bought rolled up, and it is, therefore, compact and easy to utilize. Most users have given the mattress a five-star rating due to its maximum comfort. The bed gives you the value of your money. Most customers say they would buy the mattress again without giving it a thought. The mattress is an epitome a right memory foam mattress. Customers also report that the mattress gives a slight odor although it does not dissipate easily. The mattress weighs about 65 pounds in weight, which can be a drawback and an asset. Customers report experiencing a comfortable and refreshing sleep due to the mattress’ convoluted airflow system. Customers are also impressed by the mattress’ washable and zippered cover. Most consumers of Dynasty Mattress Deluxe 10-Inch Memory Foam Short Mattress for RV have reported it as the perfect fit in RV. Others report that the mattress is as comfortable as their home mattress.
5. Perfect Cloud Supreme 8 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Consumers are impressed by the mattress fascinating features. Customers report having slept comfortably on this mattress due to its vacuum sealed feature. Users say that the mattress puffs off once it is unpacked from its plastic package. The mattress takes only a few hours to regain its shape. Most users also report that they have never experienced the feeling they got by sleeping on the Perfect Cloud Supreme 8 Inch Memory Foam Mattress. The mattress is also a good reliever of pain; most users have reported a reported to be waking up in the morning with reduced back pains. The mattress features a smooth and knit fabric cover that helps in maximizing its occupant comfort and minimize the occurrence of pains. The mattress has had great reviews and ratings from its users due to its high quality. The mattress also has a longer life especially if its user has a lower overall body temperature compared to a person who sweats a lot while asleep. Users also claim that the mattress’ high quality surpasses its buying price. Users also report to like the fact that the mattress has rare incidents of releasing excessive heat and odor arising from chemical retardants.
Memory Foam Mattress Buying Guide
Features to look out for when buying a memory foam mattress
- Thickness; the most common feature used in advertisements of memory foam mattresses is their thickness. The thickness of these mattresses ranges between seven inches and 16 inches. You may want a thin mattress depending on your bed size or a thick mattress to help raise the height of your bed if it is low. It is advisable for you to check the thickness of each layer and also the material combination included in its design.
- Density; this is another important feature to consider while purchasing a memory foam mattress. The density of the mattress determines how the mattress responds to body weight and pressure. The mattress will be capable of adjusting well to the contours of the body producing more comfort and flexible platform for you to sleep. A low-density mattress enables you to experience a deep and sinker sensation compared to a high-density one which is firm and padded. It is your personal preference to choose either a low-density or high-density mattress.
- Foam type; the memory foam mattresses feature different types of foam that include viscoelastic, gel-infused, and plant-based foam. Each foam has their pros and cons.
Advice based on your sleeping position
- Back sleeper considerations; back sleepers are more vulnerable to back pains. Such individuals are advised to go for a memory foam mattress whose firmness is medium. The mattress should not be too plush since sleeping on your back may require more support for your spine.
- Side sleeper considerations; sleeping on your side is one of the most recommended positions. The position ensures better circulation of blood in the body and helps in reducing the amount of pressure in the lungs. Individuals sleeping on their side are advised to consider getting for themselves a medium soft memory foam mattress that has features designed to support hips, shoulders, and the spine to some extent.
- Stomach sleeper considerations; the mattress for this kind of sleepers should be moderately firm. Sleeping a mattress that is too soft may result in back pains while excessively firm mattresses could also cause spine problems because the spine will not curve into its preferred shape.
What are the different types of memory foam available?
- The traditional memory foam; the mattress helps your body to cradle while asleep, thus, permitting proper blood circulation. The memory foam is also antimicrobial reducing the number of mites and bugs that may cause allergies.
- Air Cool Memory Foam; the mattress is capable of responding to the body temperature faster, hence channeling the warmth out. Excessive heat gets eliminated from the body giving you a peaceful and refreshing sleep.
- Gel Memory Foam; it provides the best support to your body. Individuals suffering from moderate to severe body pains are advised to purchase the gel memory foam.
Memory Foam Mattresses vary depending on their specific features such as thickness, memory foam type, and density among others. There are no right or wrong memory foam mattresses, it all depends on an individual’s personal preferences. Always make the correct choice when you out to purchase a mattress for yourself. Factors such as the cost, life duration, comfort should dictate your decision on the mattress to buy. Put into consideration your health status and also your sleeping position. It would be a wise decision for you to spend extra cash to purchase a plant-based natural product for absolute comfort.