It’s hard to imagine anything more important than a good night’s sleep. Without one, it’s impossible to start the day off right — and skipping out too many times can lead to health issues down the line. Fortunately, potential customers can count on some impressive mattresses to help get their forty winks. Best Price Mattress is trying to offer one of them, via its 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress. It boasts some impressive features, but only one question matters: is it worth a buy? Based on the facts and customer testimonials, it might be the key to some sweet dreams.
Product Features and Specifications
Sizes: The queen-sized variant of the mattress is 60 inches by 80 inches by 12 inches. On its own, the mattress weighs 77 pounds; during shipping, it weighs in at 84 pounds.
Thickness: The mattress comes with three distinct layers. The first layer — and top 2.5 inches — is the memory foam, while the second is a 3-inch soft foam complete with a pressure relief system. The last layer and remaining 6.5 inches are high-density foam.
Materials: The memory foam consists of tea leaf extracts, mixed with charcoal and castor oil to remove chemical odors and stop the spread of microorganisms. By using natural means, it ensures the owner’s health stays intact, and prioritizes the use of green materials.
Comfort: The memory foam contours to the shape of the person lying atop it. Afterwards, the weight is spread along the outside to remove any feelings of pressure. While the mattress is slightly firm by default, it gains heat and softness once a person’s body temperature is applied.
Durability: The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty by default, with its performance quality professionally tested and verified. Additionally, it has received certification from CertiPUR-US to ensure its foam is made without hazardous chemicals, metals, and plastics.
Pros and Cons
- With the top layer conforming to the body, and the middle layer removing pressure points, the mattress’ foam enables comfortable rest that’s tailor-made for its user. When coupled with the user’s natural warmth, it helps ensure a deep sleep without the need for tossing and turning through the night.
- The memory foam surrounds users and lets them sink into the mattress. As a result, body parts that would normally bear the strain of a mattress — such as the hips and shoulders — can be accommodated easily thanks to the trio of foam layers.
- A special cover is included alongside the mattress, which provides extra comfort as well as durability for the memory foam for years to come. Additionally, users can take the cover off and wash it as needed.
- The mattress comes in a vacuum-sealed package; once the user opens it, the mattress will inflate on its own and be ready for use in as little as ten minutes, with no extra setup required on the part of the user.
- With the genuine green tea extract woven into the mattress’ foam, users can rest easy knowing that odors will be neutralized from the first day onward.
- While the mattress fights odors by nature, it can still release an unpleasant smell when it first comes out of the package. Airing it out before use may be a necessity.
- The mattress heats up once a user goes to bed, but prior to that it takes time for the temperature to acclimate. On cold nights, the mattress can make a bed downright chilling at first; those that can’t stand cold weather or beds may need a heating pad or extra blankets.
- The firmness of the mattress may not be enough for some. While it has a decent amount of firmness by default, the memory foam and contours can prove unpleasant for those that need or want a firmer bed to sleep on.
- Only the mattress is included in the purchase, so customers will need a properly-fitting bed frame, box spring, and other accessories beforehand.
With an average of 4.5 stars out of 5 — and 77% of customers giving the product a 5-star rating — on Amazon, it’s a safe bet that the Best Price 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress has won over the majority of its audience. Many have found the company’s claims to hold true, and they sang praises about their rest within the first night of use.
Notably, the mattress has been a blessing for those with chronic pain and bone issues. Whether it was due to arthritis, levoscoliosis, or simply a bad back, users have been able to get a good night’s sleep thanks to the memory foam and anti-pressure layer. Despite skepticism from some reviewers, they ultimately found satisfaction from the bed’s softness and the low price point.
That softness proved deal-breaking for some users. In a handful of cases, the lack of firmness actually made the bed less comfortable, leaving users with a new set of aches and pains. The contour system also led to one couple becoming unreasonably hot; the husband and wife alike woke up covered in sweat.
The mattress may not be for everyone, but various testimonials suggest that it’s at least worth a look.
True to its name, the Best Price 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress brings with it layers of specially-prepared foam for the comfort of its users. With a combination of soothing contours around the body and removal of disruptive pressure, it’s possible to drift into a good night’s sleep just by tucking in. As an environmentally-conscious product, it provides benefits through the use of green ingredients; despite that, it doesn’t sacrifice quality, and has the certifications — and the testimonies — to prove it. While it may not have the firmness some desire, the mattress still offers potent foams, a reasonable price, and a good chance for some pleasant dreams.